[vtkusers] Interrupt animation

binesh r binesh01 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 5 23:56:08 EST 2006

I have a vtk code in tcl which does animation using vtkAnimationScene. I would like to implement Stop button which interrupts the animation which is in progress. I use ::vtk::bind_tk_render_widget to create the buttons. But once I hit play, the mouse button commands on the stop button does not get activated until the animation is over.Please guide me  in implementing this functionality.Do I need to multi threading? I am not sure how this can be done in vtk/tcl.
  Thanks in advance,
  Binesh