[vtkusers] How can i make a clone or copy of a vtkRenderer Object ???

Deepak Roy cdeepakroy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 23:17:26 EST 2006

 Hello everyone,

I have developed a visualization for my algorithm using VTK.

No matter what computation we do,  we want to visualize it and for that
purpose we finally end up creating a vtkRenderer ( with all the actors added
) which would draw to an onscreen vtkRenderWindow.

Now i want to see the results of my algorithm on a batch of input. i.e i
want to run the same application in batch mode.

For this i would want the same vtkRenderer to draw to both an onscreen
vtkRenderWindow and an off screen vtkRenderWindow ( i would save what ever
is being rendered to an offscreen render window to a disk image). So that i
can see the visualization both onscreen while the batch is running and also
offscreen when the batch has finished, by looking at the disk images.

But vtk does not allow me to set the same renderer to draw into both these
render windows. It just disconnects the interactivity in the onscreen render
window, whenever i set the same renderer to draw into the offscreen render
window.

Is there any way to do this ???

If, not i have a work around ------ If i can make a copy of my vtkRenderer
-- i will use one renderer for the offscreen and one for the on screen
purpose.

But unfortunately,  i couldnt find a way to make this vtkRenderer clone or
copy ??? how can i achieve this ???

Thanks in advance.....

Please Help !!!!

Regards,