[vtkusers] Volume opacity

Jiksed jiksed at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 2 15:13:59 EST 2006

Hi vtkusers,

  I have a rectangular volume image which illustrates materials in a chunk of the earth. When the earth is flat, everything is OK. But when there is uneven topography, I do not know how to get rid of the air volume AND show a SMOOTH earth surface. The scalar of my volume image can be air/soil/rock density. This would be similar to show a volume image of human body or body part in the air with irregular body surface.

  FYI, my raw data is on an unstructured grid because of irregular shape of the earth. Someone please point me to the right direction about how to accomplish what I stated above.

  Thank you.

  Jim