[vtkusers] Actors to busy drinking in the green room??

Mark Gooding mark.gooding at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 04:58:36 EST 2006

On 3/1/06, John Platt <jcplatt at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> I am not sure if the same mapper/actor is being rendered in the
> different views but you could try

there were some of the same actors in each view but not all actors in each view.

> vtkMapper::GlobalImmediateModeRenderingOn().

That seems to fix the problem. Thanks!

I set GlobalImmediateModeRenderingOn() for each mapper. Is that
correct (or does the global bit mean that it will do it for the
mappers of all actors in the scene?

Any chance you could explain why this fix my problem, and even what
the problem was? - it's nice to have things working, but it would be
better if I knew why so that I can avoid the problem in the future.

Thanks very much,

Mark