[vtkusers] Cube representation of data?

Deepak Roy cdeepakroy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 10:47:05 EST 2006

Hello,

Try using vtkCubeSource, if that is what you need (
http://www.vtk.org/doc/release/4.2/html/classvtkCubeSource.html ).

It will give you the vtkPolyData for your cube. You can then assign colors
for the cells manually through scalars.

If you want a cube that is more custom built, you can explicitly build the
vtkPolyData for the cube by creating the cells and points.

Read the online VTK documentation for vtkPolyData and vtkCubeSource or you
can also refer to the VTK user guide textbook if you have one. That should
help you in achieving your task.

Regards,

Deepak Roy