[vtkusers] about the cell picker in vtkInteractorStyleTrackballActor

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Wed Jun 28 06:39:31 EDT 2006

Yixun
> The vtkInteractorStyleTrackballActor uses Cell picker to pick the actor.
> It's very slow. I want to change the cell picker to propPicker. I cannot
> find the member method to change the cell picker to prop picker in
> vtkInteractorStyleTrackballActor. Is the only method to inherit from
> vtkInteractorStyleTrackballActor and change the picker in this child class?

That would work. Alternatively, modify the interactor to have a Set/Get
Picker method which would allow you to pass in a PropPicker. If you do
this, I'll test it and check it in for you because I might want to do
the same in the near future. (It should only need a couple of small
changes I think - I'd need to look at the code again...)

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/about/BJohn.php