[vtkusers] file extension question

Kush Tandon kush at coas.oregonstate.edu
Tue Jun 27 17:20:33 EDT 2006

Hi,

I made a simple ASCII file for Paraview using the guidelines from the
file formats for VTK Version 4.2. The example is for unstructured grid.

QUESTION: I have used the rules from Page 1 to 11 from file-
formats.pdf. It is not a XML file but a simple ASCII file. Should my
extension be: a) .vtk or b) .vtu or c) .pvd?

I do have ParaView version on Windows and will try to reinstall OS X
next week. About weeks ago, I tried installing ParaView on OS X
without success. I will let the group know once I succeed.

Right now, I made a tutorial example.

My goal soon would be to make file to use for vector data on
tetrahedron grid (unstructured grid) for a time-varying data.
Initially, I would stick to ASCII but later move to XML and binary.
If somebody has insights, and example files please do share.

Regards,

Kush

Kush Tandon
104 COAS Admin. Bldg.
College of Oceanic & Atmospheric Sciences
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97333
Ph: (541) 737-9658 (Office)/ (541) 758-2217 (Home)
Email: kush at coas.oregonstate.edu/ kushtandon at yahoo.com/
kushtandon at gmail.com

http://www.coas.oregonstate.edu/index.cfm?
fuseaction=faculty.detail&id=209