[vtkusers] About vtkImageData

Wagner Sales wsalles2003 at yahoo.com.br
Tue Jun 27 16:53:46 EDT 2006

Hi Marium,

I was solved a problem on my class by using the following method:
double MyClass::computeScalarValue( vtkImageData *image, double *coords)
{

  double tol2;
  vtkCell *cell;
  vtkPointData *pd;
  int subId;
  double pcoords[3], weights[8];

  pd = image->GetPointData();

  vtkPointData* outPD = vtkPointData::New();
  outPD->InterpolateAllocate(pd, 1, 1);

  tol2 = image->GetLength();
  tol2 = tol2 ? tol2*tol2 / 1000.0 : 0.001;

  cell = image->FindAndGetCell(coords,NULL,-1,tol2,subId,pcoords,weights);
  if (cell)
    {
        outPD->InterpolatePoint(pd,0,cell->PointIds,weights);
        return outPD->GetScalars()->GetTuple1(0);
    } else {
        return -1;
        }

  outPD->Delete();
}

This method are copied from vtkImageViewerWidget, and in my class
receives vtkImageData just because are a static method. Just take a
look on original code ( are more explained ). In above case, I need
the coordinates from the pixel to give this information.

May be that's no completely solve your problem, but can put you in the
right way.

Regards

Wagner