[vtkusers] vtkUnstructuredGrid and vtkDataSet

Miruna Stoenescu mirunas21 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 26 12:03:49 EDT 2006

Hi everybody,

  I have problems with maping - why is StucturedGrid not as a DataSet recognized?

  Here are the errors :
  Delaunay1.cxx: In function `int main(int, char**)':
Delaunay1.cxx:75: error: `GetOutputPort' undeclared (first use this function)
Delaunay1.cxx:75: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for
   each function it appears in.)
Delaunay1.cxx:76: error: no matching function for call to `vtkDataSetMapper::
   SetInput(vtkUnstructuredGrid*&)'
/share/lpckg/vtk/include/vtk/vtkDataSetMapper.h:59: error: candidates are: void
   vtkDataSetMapper::SetInput(vtkDataSet*)
make: *** [Delaunay1.o] Error 1

  Here is my code:

vtkDelaunay3D *delny = vtkDelaunay3D::New();
delny->SetInput(profile);
delny->SetTolerance(0.01);
delny->SetAlpha(0.2);
delny->BoundingTriangulationOff();
vtkUnstructuredGrid *ugrid=delny->GetOutput();
  //static_cast<vtkDataSet>(ugrid);
//dynamic_cast<vtkDataSet*>(ugrid);
//reinterpret_cast<vtkDataSet*>(ugrid);
  //  Shrink the result to help see it better.
vtkShrinkFilter* shrink = vtkShrinkFilter::New();
  shrink->SetShrinkFactor(0.9);
  //shrink->SetInputConnection(0, ugrid);
  vtkDataSetMapper *map = vtkDataSetMapper::New();
map->SetInput(shrink->GetOutputPort());
map->SetInput(*ugrid); /// !!!

  By the way, the ShrinkFilter does not work either.

  Thanks in advance,
  Miruna