[vtkusers] strange cmake error building VTK 5.0.0 on OSX Tiger

wind wind at climate.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Jun 19 12:23:23 EDT 2006

I figured out the error. It had to do with CMake. It's not enough to
download the binary distribution of CMake. I had to build from source
code using the binary distribution. Once I did that, the cmake
entered its configuration normally and generated whatever stuff it
was going to do. I'm building VTK right now.

Thanks,

-- Gala

On Jun 19, 2006, at 12:13 PM, Amy Squillacote wrote:

> You should do an out-of-source build, so it should be:
>
> mkdir /VTK-bin
> cd /VTK-bin
> ccmake ../VTK
>
> - Amy
>
> Vivek Dwivedi wrote:
>> I think it should be:
>>
>> cd /VTK
>> ccmake ../VTK
>>

>> -Vivek
>>

>> On Jun 19, 2006, at 11:02 AM, wind wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm trying to build VTK 5.0.0 on OSX Tiger. I downloaded Cmake
>>> 2.4.2, it installed successfully. When I try to run ccmake though
>>> as per installation instructions for VTK I get the following error:
>>> [ukiel:/VTK] wind% pwd
>>> /VTK
>>> [ukiel:/VTK] wind% ccmake .
>>> Error running cmake::LoadCache().  Aborting.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>> -- Gala
>>>
>>> Gala Wind
>>> (301) 614-6221
>>> wind at climate.gsfc.nasa.gov <mailto:wind at climate.gsfc.nasa.gov>
>>> Code 613.2, Climate and Radiation
>>> SSAI, Inc.
>>> NASA/GSFC
>>> Greenbelt, MD 20771
>>>
>>> /
>>> -
>>>   -- There's always a way, you just have to find it.
>>>             ( B. Hambly "Children of the Jedi" )

Gala Wind
(301) 614-6221
wind at climate.gsfc.nasa.gov