[vtkusers] More problems with windows

Roger Blum roger_blum at swissonline.ch
Sat Jun 17 23:09:55 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I have some more questions about handling windows with vtk (version 5.0 on
windows).

If I source a tcl file which creates a GUI in vtk.exe a annoying console
window (where tcl send its output) is opened and stayes open. How can I
remove/hide this window?

If I open a second window (a second toplevel) this window goes to the
background if the mouse pointer is moved out of this window. How do I have
to configure the toplevel to stay on top of the main window even if the
mouse is moved out. The window can not be modal, as the user should be able
to minimize it and continue working in the main window.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Roger