[vtkusers] vtk paths for java wrappings

Anastasia Mironova mironova at sci.utah.edu
Fri Jun 16 16:51:48 EDT 2006

Hello,

I am having a path problem with an isntallation of vtk
with java wrappings on my intel mac.

The only directory where I can run things from seems to be
the bin directory containing the vtk.jar file, i.e.:

if I say:

:/scratch/vtk/darwin32/bin anastasia$ javac -classpath
.:vtk.jar Test.java

:/scratch/vtk/darwin32/bin anastasia$ java -classpath
.:vtk.jar Test

it runs but doing this from any other directory produces
this:

:/scratch/vtk/darwin32/bin/TEST anastasia$ javac
-classpath .:../vtk.jar Test.java

:/scratch/vtk/darwin32/bin/TEST anastasia$ java -classpath
.:../vtk.jar Test
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
no vtkCommonJava in java.library.path
         at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1682)
         at
java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:822)
         at Test.<clinit>(Test.java:8)

This must be some kind of a path issue. From what I have
read online, I tried including /scratch/vtk/darwin32/bin
and /scratch/vtk/darwin32/bin/vtk.jar in both my PATH and
in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH. But, as you can from see above,
this does nothing.

-Anastasia