[vtkusers] Compiling vtk on Intel 64 bits.

Pete Carswell pete at osc.edu
Fri Jun 16 12:21:45 EDT 2006

I have been attempting to compile vtk, a recent cvs copy, on a different
platform. This platform uses the EM64T Intel chip and runs on the 64 bit
version of RedHat Enterprise 3.

The basic build, C++, proceeds without any problems, compiles and tests
just fine. When I attempt to wrap TCL and Python, though, I get the
following error from ccmake:

CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
 /home/pete/vtk-cvs-5.x/VTK/CMake/vtkLoadCMakeExtensions.cmake:7:
 LOAD_COMMAND Attempt to load the library
 /home/pete/vtk-build-5.x/CMake/libcmVTK_WRAP_TCL2.so failed.

 CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
 /home/pete/vtk-cvs-5.x/VTK/CMake/vtkLoadCMakeExtensions.cmake:27:
 A command failed during the invocation of macro
 "VTK_LOAD_SINGLE_CMAKE_EXTENSION".

I thought this might be a problem with the 64 bit architecture. I
remember having read in this mail group about successful compiles on
AMD64 chip sets. Is there something I am missing?

pete