[vtkusers] Newbie: building VTK on OSX

Vivek Dwivedi vivekd at mail630.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Jun 15 14:04:29 EDT 2006

Well

I got VTK with java wrappings compiled :) without any errors....I am
going to write down all the steps neccessary for OS X users to
compile VTK with java wrappings turned on successfully.  This was
however the first step.  The second step is to access the VTK
functions via matlab.  I have edited the classpath.txt file with the
following lines:

/Users/vivekd/VTK/bin/vtk.jar
/Users/vivekd/VTK/java/vtk

I have imported vtk via import vtk.*

However when I call the vtk Panel I get the following error:

EDU>> panel = vtkPanel
??? Undefined function or variable 'vtkPanel'.

any ideas?

Thanks

-Vivek