[vtkusers] Newbie: building VTK on OSX

Vivek Dwivedi vivekd at mail630.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Jun 15 11:08:03 EDT 2006

Hi all:

I used the opengl paths that was recommended but during my build i
get the following error:

In file included from /Users/vivekd/VTK/Rendering/
vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper.h:26,
                  from /Users/vivekd/VTK/Rendering/
vtkGraphicsFactory.cxx:28:
/Users/vivekd/VTK/Rendering/vtkOpenGL.h:24:43: error: GL/gl.h: No
such file or directory
/Users/vivekd/VTK/Rendering/vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper.h:87: error:
'GLenum' has not been declared
/Users/vivekd/VTK/Rendering/vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper.h:98: error:
'GLenum' has not been declared
/Users/vivekd/VTK/Rendering/vtkOpenGLRenderWindow.h:101: error:
'GLuint' has not been declared
make[2]: *** [Rendering/CMakeFiles/vtkRendering.dir/
vtkGraphicsFactory.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Rendering/CMakeFiles/vtkRendering.dir/all] Error 2

any suggestions would be great

Thanks,

-Vivek