[vtkusers] Pieces starting after 2GB lost

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Wed Jun 14 16:40:13 EDT 2006

I just converted a 4GB "XMLImageData" image stored as streamed pieces to
TIFFs. The streamed pieces correspond to single slices. When I examined
the image slices I saw that the first half were fine but the last half
were identical to the very first slice.

I took a look at the XML describing the pieces and the pieces that are
incorrect all have offsets greater than 2GB, while none of the correct
slices do.

I'm using 64 bit linux, ITK and VTK built from source, and VTK built
with 64 bit Ids. I bet there's an unsigned int where an unsigned long
int should be.