[vtkusers] black output images using vtkWindowToImageFilter

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Wed Jun 14 11:08:41 EDT 2006

mhsurfer at gmx.net wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 June 2006 19:42, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>>        Please keep the context of your message. I believe you are using the
>> fglrx driver and not the ati one ? If so please retry your test after
>> setting:
>
>> export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1
>

>>        Please confirm that it affect the behavior of glxinfo, and then try
>> running your VTK test.
>
> Mathieu,
>
> yes I'm using fglrx, and yes switching to indirect rendering solved the issue.
> How comes it doesn't work with direct rendering?

This is clearly out of my expertise, keep in mind that this is a closed
source driver.
The best you can do is report a bug (I think there is some sort of bug
tracker for the fglrx driver that is not hosted on ati.com, but people
from ati.com have a look at it some time). Not so long ago there used to
be a mailing list:

http://www.stanchina.net/~flavio/debian/fglrx-archive/

People like Michel Dänzer or Matthew Tippett -maybe- could help you
figure out what is wrong. Searching the mailing list could help you too.

HTH
Mathieu