[vtkusers] Newbie: building VTK on OSX

Glen Lehmann glehmann at atamai.com
Tue Jun 13 08:02:40 EDT 2006

Hi Greg,

What version of VTK are you trying to build?

You'll need to cvs check out either the main branch or the VTK-5-0
branch.  I don't reccommend using the .zip/.gz downloads.

I've never seen CMake have a problem finding the OpenGl paths on a Mac
before.  In your CMakeCache.txt the should be set to:

//Include for OpenGL on OSX
OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework

//OpenGL lib for OSX
OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework

//AGL lib for OSX
OPENGL_glu_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/System/Library/Frameworks/AGL.framework

HTH,

Glen