[vtkusers] Bug in XML Image IO?

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Mon Jun 12 11:23:08 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 13:05 -0400, Kevin H. Hobbs wrote:
> I think the bug I'm seeing is in the block mode of the extent
> translator. If I set the mode of the extent translator to ZSlab I'm able
> to complete all of me tests.

There's still something wrong even in ZSlab mode. My test program ran
just fine, but when I try it out for real work I get errors again.

I've filed this as in the bug tracker
http://www.vtk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=3363

The errors I got when converting the output of an ITK filter to TIFF
slices was:

[kevin at gargon stomach_sections]$ ./TIFFSlice
ERROR: In /home/kevin/kitware/VTK/IO/vtkXMLStructuredDataReader.cxx,
line 314
vtkXMLImageDataReader (0x51a100): Error reading extent 0 1264 0 909 207
207 from piece 207

ERROR: In /home/kevin/kitware/VTK/IO/vtkXMLDataReader.cxx, line 481
vtkXMLImageDataReader (0x51a100): Cannot read point data array
"Scalars_" from PointData in piece 207.  The data array in the element
may be too short.

ERROR: In /home/kevin/kitware/VTK/Filtering/vtkImageData.cxx, line 1463
vtkImageData (0x51acc0): GetScalarPointer: Pixel (0, 0, 207) not in
memory.
 Current extent= (0, -1, 0, -1, 0, -1)

Segmentation fault