[vtkusers] Re: MPI Offscreen Volume Rendering

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Thu Jun 8 11:19:06 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 10:44 -0400, Jack Gundrum wrote:
> I am running ParaView on a headless cluster with offscreen rendering and
> was wondering if you are sharing how you
> created the volume rendered movies? I am just starting to get into
> ParaView - thanks

Please keep the discussion on list.

I followed the instructions in the May 17 e-mail from Brian Wylie.

I found it easiest to set up the keyframe animation on my workstation,
with surface rendered low resolution polydata. Then I deleted the
polydata and loaded low resolution unstructured grid data. I saved a
paraview session and edited the session file to use the high resolution
unstructured grid file on the cluster. I started pvclient on my
workstation, and the pvserver on the cluster. I loaded the session,
changed the rendering of the unstructured grid to volume rendering, and
saved the animation.