[vtkusers] off-screen rendering in java

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Wed Jun 7 10:51:56 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 15:56 +0200, N. Yang wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> Hello!
>
> continuing the last discussion on the vtk off-screen rendering with
> java. i am trying to compile vtk with the Mesa
> library(MesaLib-6.5.tat.gz) following some instruction i found but it
> not working. do you have some instruction on how to do this? any
> pointers is appreciated. thanks!
>
> regards
>
> Jerry

Please post your message to the list so that others with more experience
than me can help you, and so that others with the same problem can learn
from the answers you get.

So far I've had the best luck with Mesa-6.4.2 built without hardware
acceleration as the only graphics library when I'm doing offscreen
rendering. That way you don't have to worry about name mangling and you
have a working libOSMesa.so. 6.5 is the development version, and lots of
people have had trouble with it.