[vtkusers] Re: [vtk-developers] Multiple linked views

David.Pont at ensisjv.com David.Pont at ensisjv.com
Mon Jun 5 18:00:04 EDT 2006

Hi Jinfeng,
  I may not help much with your question but as I am in NZ I could not
resist responding... kia ora  !

Multiple views are used regularly in medical applications (axial, sagittal,
coronal). Vtk supports rendering multiple views into a single window:
combinations of surfaces, volumes, textures, text. I have never done it but
you should also be able to render into multiple windows. I regularly see
postings from vtk users with 'GIS" type applications (who might have more
useful information than I do).

You should post this query to the vtkusers list rather than the
vtk-developers, (I have cc'd this response there) as there are likely to be
many people out there that can give you more help.

  regards

David Pont
Scientist, Wood and Fibre Quality
Ensis - the joint forces of CSIRO and Scion
Te Papa Tipu Innovation Park, 49 Sala Street
Private Bag 3020, ROTORUA, New Zealand
Phone +64 7 343 5663
Facsimile +64 7 348 0952
www.ensisjv.com