[vtkusers] Problem in the inheritance of vtkCommand

Alexander.Wang zjjywmy at 163.com
Sun Jun 4 22:29:09 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I want to have some callback for the interaction. I defined a class vtkDicomObserver inherited from vtkCommand, but there is a problem in the method NEW. When compiling the code of this method, the compiler tell me: error C2660: 'new' : function does not take 3 parameters. The program is running under Windows XP and MSVC 6.0, as a SDI project. Can anyone give me some advice? Here is the reference code.

//Code Begin
class vtkDicomObserver : public vtkCommand
{
public:
 virtual char const * GetClassName() const
 {
  return "vtkDicomObserver";
 }
 static vtkDicomObserver * New()
 {
  return new vtkDicomObserver;
//error occurs when compiling this sentence
 }
 vtkDicomObserver()
 {
  this->ImageViewer=NULL;
  this->ImgRenderWindowInteractor=NULL;
 }
 virtual void Execute(vtkObject *, unsigned long event, void* )
 {
  if(this->ImageViewer)
  {
  }
 }
 vtkImageViewer * ImageViewer;
 vtkRenderWindowInteractor * ImgRenderWindowInteractor;
 CPoint Point;
};

//Code End

Thanks in advance!