[vtkusers] How can I build the vtk library with debug and release mode and the .dll and .lib filename is different?

Bo Shi chinaren.vtk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 13:14:44 EDT 2006

When I use vtk 5.0 I want to build my RELEASE programme with the RELEASE
vtk5.0 library and DEBUG programme with the DEBUG vtk5.0 library
respectively and automatically. In order to achieve this goal I want to
build vtk5.0 library's DEBUG and RELEASE mode and get the dll and lib file
with different name, for example, vtkcommon.dll  vtkcommon.lib for RELEASE
mode and vtkcommonD.dll vtkcommonD.lib for DEBUG mode. Any idea is
appreciated! Thanks a lot!