[vtkusers] Window interactor in a thread

Christophe GUEGUEN gueguen.christophe at voila.fr
Thu Jun 1 04:36:43 EDT 2006

Hello
I have some difficulties with my new project : I have to simulate a real-time acquisition, displaying every second some forms.
I succeed in this displaying, but I can not move the scene by :

vtkRenderWindowInteractor iren = vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New();
renWin->Render();
iren->Render();
iren->SetRenderWindow(renWin);
iren->start();

The start method block the program so my idea is to call this method in a Thread. Unfortunately, when the method is running in the thread, the display is blocked and when the display is running, the method start seems not to be called.

The display part is very simple : I make 2 for loops to have the X and Y coordinates and the Z is a random value. With those values, I build automatically squares.

I hope that someone understand my problem and that you are going to solve my problem :)

Thanks ;-)

Christophe