[vtkusers] When I build my programme with vtk5.0 by using vtkMFCWindow I got link errors!

BoShi chinaren.vtk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 03:19:48 EDT 2006

Hi,

I use vtk 5.0. Just now I use it in my programme, but in DEBUG mode I
get link errors as

follows:

Linking...
vtkArchitectureView.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: virtual void

__thiscall vtkMFCWindow::Dump(class CDumpContext &)const "

(?Dump at vtkMFCWindow@@UBEXAAVCDumpContext@@@Z)
vtkArchitectureView.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: virtual void

__thiscall vtkMFCWindow::AssertValid(void)const "
(?AssertValid at vtkMFCWindow@@UBEXXZ)
Debug/vtkArchitecture.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

vtkArchitecture.exe - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I think the problem is that I link the vtk MinSizeRel mode library and
in these DLLs there

is not the implementation of Dump or AssertValid. That is in DEBUG mode
I should link vtk in

its DEBUG DLLs. But my question is how can I let VC6 link the proper
DLLs automatically.

Thanks a lot! Any idea is appreciated!