[vtkusers] vtkImageData positioning..

Louis Desjardins lost_bits1110 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 31 15:25:36 EDT 2006

Hi experts!

I'd like to know if its possilbe to have more flexible positioning of the
vtkImageData dataset...

Basically I need some type of plane whose position I can manipulate so that
it can constantly move about relative to my camera position (this way the
plane looks like its perfectly still on the screen). I was originally using
vtkPlaneSource whose position was easy to move by setting the Point1, Point2
and Origin values.  My PlaneSource consisted of a large number of quad cells
(which I would then probe and set to a particular colour via a lookuptable).
This however was causing real performance issues with my application.

Sp I'd like to use ImageData, so I can probe each of its voxels, but I just
don't know how to set its position in space..

Thank you in advance for your assistance!!
LD