[vtkusers] VTK & MPI

Hanan Hassanein hanan.hassanein at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 07:37:42 EDT 2006

 Dear all,

      I tried first using VTKMPI functions, but i couldn't find good online
support like functions or so, i just found 1 example on the vtk site named
MPIgroups.cxx ( i am using c++ by the way), it wasn't helpful at all, not
commented or so..

      so, i started to try another way, although i know i am trying to
reinvent the wheel, coz i am trying to use both vtk & MPI separately, but i
got stuck now in sending vtk objects between processors like vtkactors, coz
as u know MPI communication function send/receive objects of type
MPI_datatype, eith it's primitive like MPI_Double, or user defined datatype
which must be also some combination of MPI primitive datatypes.

please I need any guide..

Thanks a lot for fast response..
Best Regards,
Hanan