[vtkusers] Problem with Add_executable and vtk>stl

Ankur Shukla unstable_ping at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 26 14:28:28 EDT 2006

Hello,
     I am new at VTK and trying to setup a program that will convert
vtk>stl. I have received two files cmakelists.txt & PolyDataVTK2STL.cpp from
a friend who is running Linux. I am running XP and having problems setting
up the system. Here are the steps I have taken:

1) Cmake --> Have used the cmakelists.txt in the vtk folder to compile vtk
successfully.
2) cmake --> cmakelist.txt (for the PolyDataVTK2STL.cpp) gives me a problem.
I have set source code to the cmakelists and the binary to the
VTKconfig.cmake that was created in STEP 1.

3) Error:>>> The message I get states:
Error: Error adding rule .... could not find PolyDataVTK2STL.cpp

Here is the cmakelist.txt (source) as text that a friend sent me...CAN
ANYONE TELL ME WHERE THE PROBLEM IS:

PROJECT (Tools)

# To access VTK
INCLUDE (${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/FindVTK.cmake)
IF (USE_VTK_FILE)
INCLUDE(${USE_VTK_FILE})
ENDIF (USE_VTK_FILE)
LINK_LIBRARIES(
vtkCommon
vtkFiltering
vtkGraphics
vtkImaging
vtkIO
vtkRendering
vtkPatented
)

# The final targets (tool programs).
ADD_EXECUTABLE(PolyDataVTK2STL PolyDataVTK2STL.cpp)

-I think the problem is with the last line, but I have no idea what to
change it to.

=Ankur J. Shukla, MS2