[vtkusers] how to debug vtkMarchingCubes crashing for a specific volume (under Python)?

Audette, Michel Michel.Audette at medizin.uni-leipzig.de
Wed Jul 26 12:20:55 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I am using vtkMarchingCubes from release 4.4 (because vtkDecimate is not included in 5.*, and it alone preserves topology robustly). I am finding that trying to run vtkMarchingCubes on certain volumes causes it to crash. I originally had a fairly large volume, .7mm resolution, 304x512x512, but have cropped it since, and it is no larger than another volume for which vtkMarchingCubes does not crash.

Can anyone suggest a means of debugging this, with a Python implementation?

Best regards,

Michel Audette, Ph.D.
Innovation Center Computer Assisted Surgery (ICCAS)
Philipp-Rosenthal-Strasse 55
Leipzig, Germany
Phone: ++49 (0) 341 / 97 - 1 20 13
Fax: ++49 (0) 341 / 97 - 1 20 09