[vtkusers] OpenGL error when linking

Tallhamer, Mike Mike.Tallhamer at USONCOLOGY.COM
Mon Jul 24 17:19:48 EDT 2006

I keep getting this error when trying to build the examples for VTK 5.0.1.

------ Build started: Project: shpere, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Linking...

C:\WINDOWS\system32\opengl32.dll : fatal error LNK1107: invalid or corrupt
file: cannot read at 0x270

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My
Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\sphere\sphere\Debug\BuildLog.htm"

sphere - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I posted a few weeks ago that after a successful build of the ALL BUILD
project with 0 errors using CMake 2.4 and VC++ 2005 Express  the Testing
project failed on those tests that ran the comparison between the images
acquired and those in the baseline folder of the VTK_DATA_ROOT folder all
others passed. I am wondering if this could be the issue. I have downloaded
a new opengl32.dll and tried using it (same version as the one that is
supposedly corrupt) and it also gives this error. Am I possibly doing
something wrong when trying to compile these examples in VC++ 2005 Express?
I include the opengl32.dll and the glu32.dll in the projects Configuration
Properties -> Linker -> Input -> Additional Dependencies field before
compiling as I have done in the past with VTK 4.2 and VC++ 2005 Express but
now it says it is corrupt.

Any thoughts or hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Mike

The contents of this electronic mail message and any attachments
are confidential, possibly privileged and intended for the
addressee(s) only.  Only the addressee(s) may read, disseminate,
retain or otherwise use this message.  If received in error, please
immediately inform the sender and then delete this message without
disclosing its contents to anyone.