[vtkusers] How to convert *.txt file to vtk file? Thanks.

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Mon Jul 24 11:09:11 EDT 2006

Jia-Ming

I've been putting a whole bunch of code into a public svn repository
https://svn.cscs.ch/vtkContrib/trunk/
try checking out the contents and inside CSCSCommon, you'll find three
classes vtkCSVReader (base class) and CSVPolyDataReader and
CSVStructurePointsReader
(see https://svn.cscs.ch/vtkContrib/trunk/vtkCSCS/vtkCSCSCommon/ for
file list)

if you are able to build these modules, you may be able to use the CSV
(Comma separated value) readers to handle your data directly without the
need to convert the files in any way.

If you try this, please let me know if it all works as I'd like to know
if you are able to build/test etc.

JB

John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/about/BJohn.php