[vtkusers] Using ccmake with the -C option

Jens Thomas j.m.h.thomas at dl.ac.uk
Wed Jul 19 13:22:59 EDT 2006

Hi,

This is related to a question I sent earlier about building VTK from a
CVS checkout on Suse 10.1.

I'm guessing that the problem might be due to my setting the
USE_RELATIVE_PATHS option for the build as I get the same problem with
the 5.0.1 release. To check this, I re-ran ccmake in my build directory
using the -C option to pick up the previous values from the
CMakeCache.txt file so that I'd only have to change the one entry, as in:

ccmake -C CmakeCache.txt

This loaded fine, I changed the line and then pressed 'c' to configure.
A line then appeared at the top of the screen stating:

and then I get a blank screen which has a black bar at the bottom stating:

"Cmake produced the following output"

and

Press [e] to exit help

I'm then returned to the screen with my options (all correct) but no
option to generate a Makefile ('g') but only the option to configure. If
I press 'c' I end up back at the blank screen as above. This appears to
be an infinite loop.

There is a file generated in the build directory called
"CMakeOutput.log" that contains the following:

Determining if glXGetProcAddressARB exists in GL/glx.h FALSE with the
following output:
/usr/bin/gmake -f CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/build.make
CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/build
gmake[1]: Entering directory
`/home/jmht/downloads/VTK/VTK5.0.1/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/home/jmht/downloads/VTK/VTK5.0.1/VTK/Rendering/CheckglXGetProcAddressARB.o
/usr/bin/c++ -Wno-deprecated -o
CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/home/jmht/downloads/VTK/VTK5.0.1/VTK/Rendering/CheckglXGetProcAddressARB.o
-c
/home/jmht/downloads/VTK/VTK5.0.1/VTK/Rendering/CheckglXGetProcAddressARB.cxx
/home/jmht/downloads/VTK/VTK5.0.1/VTK/Rendering/CheckglXGetProcAddressARB.cxx:
In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
/home/jmht/downloads/VTK/VTK5.0.1/VTK/Rendering/CheckglXGetProcAddressARB.cxx:32:
error: ‘glXGetProcAddressARB’ was not declared in this scope
gmake[1]: ***
[CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/home/jmht/downloads/VTK/VTK5.0.1/VTK/Rendering/CheckglXGetProcAddressARB.o]
Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/jmht/downloads/VTK/VTK5.0.1/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
gmake: *** [cmTryCompileExec/fast] Error 2

But I've no idea if this is relevant.

If I delete the build directory and start from scratch again (i.e. not
using the previous CMakeCache.txt file) the configure process works fine.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might not be working?

Thanks,

Jens