[vtkusers] Newbie:get attributes out of vtkpoydata

Fritz Mielert fritz.mielert at napshell.com
Tue Jul 18 05:45:20 EDT 2006

Hi!
I need to construct a menu where the user can select a attribute to be i.e. used as scalar for color mapping.
Because I have more than one scalar I have stored the scalar data like this pdata.GetPointData().AddArray(vtkScalar) and wrote it to a file.
Now I've got to read all attributes of PointData, check wether they've got the right type and get the names of the arrtibutes.

How can I do this?

Is there anything similar to:
pdata.GetPointData().GetVectors().GetName() ?

thanks alot

fritz