[vtkusers] OffScreenRender and polydata problem

Melnyk, Joe jmelnyk at sharedpet.com
Fri Jul 14 11:18:41 EDT 2006

Hello all!
I'm using vtk under windows with vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow object that I wish to render to offscreen and then pipe to vtkWindowToImageFilter.  the actors in the mapper to the window consist of two Actor2D's; one is an image, the other are some lines.  the image appears just fine but the lines only appear partially (and sometimes not at all) when I'm using OffScreenRendingOn and in full when actually rendering to the screen.

the lines are drawn using the pipeline: (vtkPoints+vtkCellArray)->PolyData->PolyDataMapper2D->Actor2D
then I simply add the image and the lines to the renderer (vtkOpenGLRenderer), add the renderer to the renderwindow, render, add the renderwindow to the filter and capture as a BMP.

any ideas why this may be occurring?  I've tried pretty much everything that I can think of and nothing seems to be working.

thanks in advance!
-joe