[vtkusers] turn off rotation in the implicit plane widget

SKoch at trinityconsultants.com SKoch at trinityconsultants.com
Tue Jul 11 10:51:01 EDT 2006

Hello Dr. Szczerba,

I found a crude solution to this problem.   I almost started to create a
new class when I tried this: PlaneWidget.GetNormalProperty.SetOpacity(0).
By making the normal vector invisible, it is no longer pickable and the
rotation function is disabled.  This is a crude solution but it worked for
now.  Is there a better solution?  Are we using the wrong widget for pure
translation?   Doesn't it make sense for the Implicit Plane Widget to have
an option to toggle on/off the rotation and the display/workings of the
normal?

Steve Koch
Applications Developer

Trinity Consultants, Inc.
skoch at trinityconsultants.com
phone: 972-661-8881 x1332
fax: +214-615-7425
breeze-software.com

Dominik Szczerba <domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch>
Sent by: vtkusers-bounces+skoch=trinityconsultants.com at vtk.org
07/10/2006 03:21 PM

vtkusers vtkusers <vtkusers at vtk.org>
cc

Subject
[vtkusers] turn off rotation in the implicit plane widget

Hi,
Is it possible to disable rotation in the implicit plane widget - just
as it is possible with translation and scaling?
thanks,
Dominik
--
Dominik Szczerba, Dr.
Computer Vision Lab CH-8092 Zurich

entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.   If you
Received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.