[vtkusers] VTK on Mac: vtkgl.h error

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Jul 10 13:44:55 EDT 2006

On 2006-07-10 17:56, Martin Baumann said:

>I get the following errors compiling VTK-5.0 on a Mac system:
>
>.../Rendering/vtkgl.h error: 'Display' was not declared in this scope
>.../Rendering/vtkgl.h error: 'dpy' was not declared in this scope
>.../Rendering/vtkgl.h error: expected primary-expression before "drawable"
>.../Rendering/vtkgl.h error: expected primary-expression before "target_sbc"
>
>Did anyone have similar problems?
>Any ideas what to do?

You don't really give enough information to help.  Which compiler?
Which source files fail to compile?  On which lines?  What are your
cmake settings? etc.

Searching vtk and Mac OS headers seems to show that "Display" is a
struct typedef'ed by X Windows.  Do you mean to use X or do you want to
use Carbon/Cocoa?

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com