[vtkusers] Problem with building VTK with QT GUI support

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Mon Jul 10 00:17:08 EDT 2006

> Hello,
>
> I try to build VTK 5.0.1 with QT GUI support  (QT 4.1.4). I use VS 2003.
> During configuration in CMAKE I get message saying that "QTCore library
> not found" and "QTGui Library not found". In .../.../Qt/4.1.4/lib I
> found files with extensin *.a and *.prl, not *.lib. What should I do to
> complete the configuration successfully?
> Thanks for any help.
>
> £ukasz Tutaj

The open source version of Qt4 supports MinGW.  You can patch & rebuild
that code with Visual Studio as explained here.
http://qtnode.net/wiki/Qt4_with_Visual_Studio
Then you'll have .lib files for working with Visual Studio, and CMake
will find those for your project.
If you have further issues and questions about getting a Visual Studio
compatible Qt, the Qt list would probably be a better place to ask for help.

Clint