[vtkusers] Problem with cooperation VTK, ITK and KWWidgets next question

Łukasz Tutaj ltutaj at wp.pl
Sat Jul 8 07:37:16 EDT 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to visualize some medical data using ITK (2.8 and 2.6) + VTK
(5.0.0-rc1 and 5.0.1) + KWWidgets. I took MedicalImageViewer example
(from KWWidgets) and replaced code using vtkXMLImageDataReader with code
performing reading a volume with ITK (I copied this part from another
program that works fine). I haven't changed anything else. It compiles
without errors and warnings but after running the program I get unhalted
exception in vtkimagemaptowindowlevelcolors.cxx in line 364. Then I
tried vtkDICOMImageReader and it works fine. I don't know what is wrong.
I suspect that the problem is with connecting VTK and ITK pipelines and
their cooperation with KWWidgets (vtkKWRenderWidget ???), because ITK
and VTK without KWWidgets and also like I said VTK and KWWidgets work
good. I don't know if this mailing list is proper to ask about help with
this problem but I really need your help.

To connect ITK and VTK pipelines I use code from
InsightApplications/Auxiliary/vtk but only one header file
itkImageToVTKImageFilter.h and I even did not build Insight
Applications. I got to know from InsightApplications Readme that Insight
Applicatins (2.8.1) needs VTK version 4.4 but I use VTK 5.0.0-rc1 and
also tried 5.0.1. In both cases I got the same unhalted exception. Maybe
it is the reason why VTK, ITK and KWWidgets do not want to cooperate
(KWWidgets needs VTK 5.0).
Could someone tell me if I am right.
Thanks in advance

Łukasz Tutaj