[vtkusers] Write an image size different from render window size

Chris Alvino alvinoc at uphs.upenn.edu
Wed Jul 5 19:25:56 EDT 2006

It seems that the magnification factor is hard coded to be the same for x and
y.  Thus, what you want isn't possible without making your own filter.

Thus, the best way to do this might be to make your own vtkWindowToImageFilter
class such as vtkWindowToImageFilterWithAspectRatio or whatever you want to
call it, and make separate magnifications for x and y, then change the member
function: vtkWindowToImageFilter::RequestData so that it works properly.

Someone else might have a better way.

Chris

On Wednesday 05 July 2006 7:12 pm, John Platt wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Is it possible to write an image a different size to the render window
> using vtkWindowToImageFilter? There is SetMagnification() but I would
> like to change the aspect ratio also :-)
>

> John.

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.