[vtkusers] VTK & Python

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Wed Jul 5 10:36:50 EDT 2006

Hi Randall,

The methods you loose are the ones that require pointers as parameters,
except for pointers to VTK objects.

These are wrapped:

  void MyClass::SetRenderer(vtkRenderer *);
  void MyClass::SetPoint(double point[3]);

These are not wrapped:

  void MyClass::Initialize(int argc, char *argv[]);

The problem with pointers is that Python has no way of knowing if the
pointer points to just a single item or to an array.   Or, in the case
of [],
python doesn't know how long the array is.

 - David