[vtkusers] how to access the vericies of a polyData

LM racetojannah at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 1 04:17:48 EDT 2006

hi all
  I try to access each cell in some polyData and the access the x,y,z of the vertecies of the triangle
but I tried a lot to read these vertecies and failed.., so i ask u if u know how to do..

  some of my trials:

          vtkCell *cell;
 vtkPoints *points;
 vtkDataArray *pointsArray;
  for (int ID=0;ID<poly->GetNumberOfCells();ID++)
 {

  cell=poly->GetCell(ID);
  points->Initialize();
  points=cell->GetPoints();
  pointsArray=points->GetData();

 }//for cells

but the pointsArray (vtkDataArray) don't contain the x,y,z of the points..:(
  do u have any idea??????????????????????

  thanks in advance

  LM