[vtkusers] Extracting coordinates

Syed Amjad majeed.amjad at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 23:33:41 EST 2006

Hi,

I wanted to know how I can get cell or array information form vtk. I'm using
vtkContourFilter on some data that I have read,

NOW I ONLY WANT TO GET THE COORDINATES of the POLYGONS on the CONTOUR..

how can I do this??

I've tried GetNextCell() but it returns zero?
I've read the class referrence and tried all the funcions but for some
reason the data is read properly and rendered but when I try to extract the
PolyData, I get nothing,
ie

for lets say after reading the data, I try getCells() functions I get a nice
round 0.

I know it's reading properly because it renders fine....

Q:

How can I get the coordinates out of the polydata once i've applied the
contourfilter??

Thankyou,