[vtkusers] A probably simple question about VTK smart pointers

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Fri Jan 27 09:38:28 EST 2006

I've been told that "The argument to Register/UnRegister is only used
when printing debugging messages so that the human knows what is
referencing the object."

You should balance your call to Register with a call to UnRegister (as
opposed to Delete), also passing NULL as the parameter. In this case,
it's probably six of one, half-dozen of the other, but Reg/UnReg are
there to balance each other, so you should use them that way.

Hope this helps,
David