[vtkusers] Building QT support from CVS source in BCC5.6

Oscar Yañez Suarez yaso at xanum.uam.mx
Thu Jan 26 13:50:56 EST 2006

Hi all,

We have run into trouble building the CVS source with support for QT3
(QVTKWidgetPlugin) using BCC 5.6 in Win32. Specifically, we receive a ton of
'unresolved external' messages from the linker, such as:

Error: Unresolved external 'QWidgetPlugin::staticMetaObject()' referenced from
C:\VTK50\VTKBIN\GUISUPPORT\QT\CMAKEFILES\QVTKWIDGETPLUGIN.DIR\Q3VTKWIDGETPLUGIN.OBJ

BTW, the make actually builds the QVTK.dll library, but not the plugin. We
don't know where to look for the solution and would appreciate any pointers.

Best,

Oscar Yáñez Suárez
Laboratorio de Neuroimagenología - T.227
Departamento de Ingeniería Eléctrica, UAM Iztapalapa, DCBI
http://docencia.izt.uam.mx/oys