[vtkusers] Speeding up Vector Representation

Beau Sapach beau.sapach at ualberta.ca
Wed Jan 25 17:20:17 EST 2006

Hello everyone,

I've got an application that displays vector data over time.  Basically I am
using vtkGlyph3D to display the vectors, using a manually built 2D arrow
(just a set of 3 lines).  When I change inputs on the vtkGlyph3D to a
different dataset there is always a slight pause before everything is
displayed.  Most of the data I need to display is changing over time, so I'd
like to smoothly roll through a set of datasets in this manner to animate
the vector field.  Does anyone have any suggestions for speeding things
up???  My graphics card is just the onboard Intel 82915G card. would that
make a difference?  The datasets are fairly large, maybe 20,000 points.

Beau