[vtkusers] how to connect between vtkDataObject and vtkunstructuredGrid?

LM racetojannah at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 21 13:25:25 EST 2006

I used it .. because i want to make a surfaceRendering to some medical 3D Images..
  And i have read that marchingCubes techniques do such a process via the triagls that it makes..

  I had no idea if vtkContourFilter do the same.. so thanks a lot for this info.

  Anyway I have discovered my error.. As I have to use A vtkImageThreshold instead of the vtkThreshold

  thanks
  regards..

Yeraze.10672602 at bloglines.com wrote:
  Any particular reason why you're using vtkMArchingCubes? vtkContourFilter
will do the same thing (Isosurface/Contour line extraction) and it's faster
& works on more data types.

--- LM thanks
a lot for ur replys..
> When I connect them directly..by writing
> mcubes->Getinput(threshold->GetOutput)

> it gave me a runtime error..as followed
>
> "ERROR: In \project\VTK
v5\VTK v5\Filtering\vtkDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx, line 777
> vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline
(04520DA0): Input for connection index 0 on input port index 0 for algorithm
vtkMarchingCubes(0451EEC0) is of type vtkUnstructuredGrid, but a vtkImageData
is required."

wrote:
> Actually, you shouldn't even need to do what I stated before.
Since
> vtkUnstructuredGrid is a subclass of vtkDataObject, you can simply
pass
> the grid directly to the marching cubes (which will see it as a

> vtkDataObject) without any problems.
>

> LM wrote:
>
> > I would
like to ask some small question..

> > I have the output of the threshold
filter "unstructuredGrid"
> > and the MarchingCubes take input of type "vtkDataObject"
which is a
> > super class of the "vtkunstructuredGrid"
> > how to connect
between them???
> > means.. that i want to get the output of the threshold
filter.. and
> > input it into the marchingCubes..
> >
> > thanks in
advance
> > LM

> > Yahoo! Photos
> > Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars
> > .

> > Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

> Yahoo! Photos
> Got holiday prints?
See all the ways to get quality prints in your hands ASAP.