[vtkusers] Problem updating from vtk4.2.2 to vtk4.2.6

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Jan 19 08:34:04 EST 2006

This sounds very much like your executable is loading the wrong set of
DLL's... How many vtkCommon.dll files exist on your system? (And in your
PATH environment variable...?)

You can use the program depends.exe to see which DLL's will be picked up
given the current environment. You can download it for free from
http://www.dependencywalker.com

You can also use Process Explorer from http://www.sysinternals.com to
analyze the runtime environment (path, loaded dlls, command line,
current directory, and more!) of your executable.

Hope this helps,
David