[vtkusers] QVTK : pb with Qt designer and python

Stephane PLOIX stephane.ploix at edf.fr
Thu Jan 12 03:43:48 EST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to use VTK with Qt Designer and python bindings.

First pb :
When I create a QVTKWidget in Qt designer, compile the form with pyuic,
python cannot find the QVTKWidget.
When looking into the python wrapped files, it should be a
QVTKRenderWidget.

Second pb :
I manually modify QVTKWidget into QVTKRenderWidget in the .ui or in the
.py generated file, and python is happy now, until it tries to actually
create the widget.
in the file Wrapping/Python/vtk/qt/QVTKRenderWidget.py, line 106 :
"apply(QWidget.__init__, (self,parent,name) + args, kw)"
the apply function is deprecated. replacing it by
QWidget.__init__.(self,parent,name) works, but this is really dirty...

Is there a solution to use QVTK with Qt Designer without modifying the
created python files?

Thanks
Stephane