[vtkusers] VTK and multiple monitors.

H.Vidal, Jr. hvidal at tesseract-tech.com
Wed Jan 11 12:56:09 EST 2006

In my opinion, the best multi-monitor performance I have seen under Linux
is nVidia based. TwinView takes about 3 minutes to setup, and hardware
acceleration
is apparent across monitors. Of course, more complex geometry given two
objects
(or sets of objects), each set on a different display, seems like it
should be
a greater compute load, but nVidia cards seem to have plenty of horsepower,
and have never failed us yet.

The other thing that is nice about nVidia drivers is that, although their
drivers  are closed and proprietary, the code base between Linux and
Windows is about 90% common. So the concept is that as they improve
things on the Windows side (where most of the $ are), Linux users
should see the benefits as well.

Hopefully useful.

hv